Advisory Associate (IT services procurement focus)
Position DescriptionWe are looking for someone with a strong IT services procurement background—gained either as a practitioner in large companies and/or as a consultant to large companies on IT services procurement topics—to join our Advisory Team at Brightfield. Founded in 2006 as a workforce strategy consultancy, Brightfield has been an advisor to the world’s largest companies looking to build, expand, or optimize extended (non-employee) workforce programs. Brightfield has built a suite of proprietary AI-augmented analytics tools powered by $300Bn in extended workforce spend that clients use to optimize the cost, productivity, and risk dimensions of their workforces. Brightfield Advisory Team members must provide excellent advice to clients and colleagues, build new content/IP, and collaborate effectively.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on IT services procurement practices and improvement techniques
- Deliver high-quality recommendations (to clients and internal Brightfield stakeholders) grounded in strong analysis (quantitative and qualitative), experience, and logic.
- Propose, lead, and contribute to the creation of high-quality, re-usable content such as FAQs, frameworks/templates, how-to guides, diagnostics, blogs/articles, and workshop
- Identify and help develop new functionality and tools for our software suite (and related services)
- Collaborate with colleagues to support clients and ensure commercial success
- Continually learn about new trends in specific area of expertise and teach others internally and externally
- Three to seven (or more) years’ experience in IT services procurement, gained either as a practitioner in large companies and/or as a consultant to large companies on IT services procurement topics
- Polished, insightful, and memorable with customers, prospective customers, colleagues, and other groups; communicates effectively and succinctly in email, PowerPoint, calls, in-person visits, etc. Maintains a business-decision and business-value focus, tailoring communications and advice for a C-suite audience
- Experience analyzing data to make business decision recommendations
- Strong self-organization and project/calendar management
- Seeks out and acts on feedback and coaching; acts as a positive force for change and high performance
Working at Brightfield:
This role requires some travel (likely not more than 30%) to customer and Brightfield meetings. Brightfield provides a casual and flexible work environment with excellent benefits including a generous holiday and leave package, health and dental medical coverage, a 401k retirement plan, and more.
This position is based in either our Washington, DC, or New York, NY, offices, with potential flexibility on other locations depending on the strength of an individual’s candidacy.Back to Careers
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com